2019 212°/360° Conferences
When and where will 212°/360°occur?
The date is set for February 22-23, 2019 in Kearney at Younes Conference Center. Programming will begin at 7:00 pm on Friday and will end at 3:30 pm on Saturday.
Who should attend 212° Conference?
212° Conference is suggested for FFA members who is in 8th, 9th, or 10th grade this school year.
212° is the temperature at which water boils - focuses on taking students to the boiling point of leadership. At 211° water is extremely hot, but just one more degree gets us to the next level, the boiling point. This conference focuses on the development of the individual student. Students will be challenged to push the limits of their leadership. Themes for this conference include virtues and growth allowing students to attend in two consecutive years without seeing the same curriculum.
Who should attend 360° Conference?
360° Conference is suggested for FFA members who is in 11th or 12th grade this school year.
360° takes students full circle in chapter leadership development. The conference covers every angle for developing action plans for their chapters and communities. This conference focuses on chapterand community development. Themes for this conference include vision and influence, allowing students to attend in two consecutive years without seeing the same curriculum.
Attire for Friday evening is casual, appropriate school clothing. We suggest wearing a chapter t-shirt or polo. Attire on Saturday will include a conference t-shirt which students will receive on Friday at check-in and appropriate casual pants.
What is the cost for each individual to attend 212°/360°?
Schools will be invoiced $75 for each student registered for the conference. An invoice will be sent to teachers after registration closes, with payment due 45 days following. No refunds will be given for changes made to registration after the registration deadline. Payments received after the payment due date will be assessed a $50 late fee.
What will teachers do during the conference?
In conjunction with the 212°/360°Conference, FFA Advisors are asked to participate in preliminary proficiency application evaluation. Visit with your District FFA Representative if you are interested in assisting in this process.
Registration is OPEN NOW and will close at 11:59 pm on February 1, 2019.
No on-site registrations will be accepted.
Teachers: Use the process below to register your students for 212°/360° Conference.
- Click the button above and Log in.
- To log in, use your firstname.lastname (e.g. bill.smith) as your User ID. Your password should be the same as last year. If you do not know what it is or are a new teacher, click Forgot your password? after entering your User ID and it should be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your password via email, contact Caitlin Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can manually reset it for you.
- Choose Step 2: Event Registration
- Choose a 212/360 Student Registration
- Drag a students name from the right column/list of students to an event.
- You can drag multiple names onto the same event.
- If you do not see a student listed, click the "View/Add Students" button in the top-right corner.
- Registration is automatically saved.
- Registration may fill for any session at any time.
- Also register attending Advisors and Chaperones.
- Check your registration by clicking "Step 3 - Summary".
- Email Krystl Knabe by the registration deadline with any special dietary needs.
- Invoices will be emailed after registration closes. You can update your registration any time before registration closes.
Invoices will be available by February 2, 2019. Payments are due, postmarked, by March 15, 2019.
Send your check and a copy of your conference invoice to:
Make checks payable to: Nebraska FFA Association
5935 South 56th Street, Suite A
Younes Conference Center
416 Talmadge Road
Kearney, NE 68845
Times (tentative, subject to slight change)
- Registration from 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Friday, February 22nd (Eat supper on your own)
- Conference times: 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Dance: 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Conference times: 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. on February 23rd (Lunch is included)
FFA Member Registration: $75.00
Includes conference registration fee, buffet lunch on Saturday.
Saturday Meals (for advisors/sponsors): $18.00 (Advisors/guests assisting in the proficiency application review process will receive a free meal. Talk to your district FFA Board representative to see if spots are available.)
All lodging arrangements must be made by each FFA chapter. DO NOT WAIT TO MAKE RESERVATIONS. Rooms may be reserved in the Nebraska FFA blocks by January 24th. Call the following hotels at the following numbers to make reservations.
|Comfort Inn||308.236.3400||$104.95 standard room|
|Fairfield Inn||308.236.4200||$109.95 standard room|
Conference Check-In Procedures
PLEASE NOTEOnly the FFA advisor or designated sponsor may check in the members at the conference site. FFA members should not be in the registration line. The registration price does not include a meal on Friday evening. Please register for the conference and then eat a meal to avoid the last-minute rush.
Cancellations made after February 2nd will not receive a refund. If the conference must be cancelled due to inclement weather, the Nebraska FFA will notify chapter advisors via school email.
Friday evening: School-appropriate casual attire
Saturday: Conference Shirt and nice pants
Dance: School-appropriate casual attire
A dance will be held on Friday evening. We will be monitoring attendance so that only conference participants are at the dance. Any advisors that are not attending board meetings are required to be present at the dance for supervision.
In accordance with the Nebraska Department of Education policies, state FFA staff will not provide direct supervision of the students. If there is a supervision or discipline incident, our staff will immediately refer it to the local FFA advisor for action. If the advisor is not present at the conference, we will follow the procedures as outlined on the supervision/discipline form.
All students must bring with them a medical release form and code of conduct form. These forms are available online here.
The FFA Board of Directors and NAEA Board will each have a meeting the evening of Friday evening. The state proficiency award selection will be held on Saturday and we hope as many advisors as possible can join us.
Additionally, room information for all meetings/events will be posted at a later date.