1) How did you get involved in Ham-radio and how many years are being a ham now?
Close to ham radio starting from 1972, licensed in 1991.
2) What attracted you the most in being a Ham-radio operator?
Be free of communicate with people around the world with stand alone machines without using any cable system.
3) What is your favorite mode and/or band?
USB on 20 meters.
4) What equipment do you use?
Kenwood TS 950SDX , home brew amp , 5 element full size mono-band @ 100 ft .
5) Do you hold DXCC and what is the score?
Never considered it officially, but all countries done.
6) What has been your most memorable story related to Ham-radio so far?
Magic renew with every contact done, distance and signals are only components but in my memories the night of 30 august 1997 w2onv on 14178 calling cq Europe says at my reply " oh my god Mike you're full scale here " Germany hamvention 2006 embraces with EA3BEM, DF2BO, WX0B etc, etc.
7) Do you think CW had it's best time since you don't need it anymore to get a license?
Yes, I agree like old cars, cycles etc etc.. "vintage" is the right word for my personal opinion.
8) How would you explain our hobby to someone not familiar with Ham-radio?
Power of communication without cables .
9) Do you have other hobby's besides Ham-radio?
NO, ham radio has all the carasteristic of others hobby's with Crest's up and down during the years.
10) Any final words to the people reading the interviews?
Pick up the real spirit oh ham, no most important having big installations, this will come with time. Consider close contacts like the farest. Get good examples of self control, be close to gentleman operators.