Tips for striking seed
Portstone has been stocking Kings Seeds for over 20 years.
- Use a quality seed raising mix - don't use potting mix as it contains fertiliser and lumpy bits, which hinders germination
- Before sowing the seed, wet the mix and let the trays drain
- Once seed has been sown, spray wet with a mist spray
- If you are sowing a few packets, do remember to label them - you will forget when you go to transplant
- Once planted, place somewhere warm, once germinated seeds need plenty of light
- Sow seeds every two to three weeks for continuous harvesting.
- Sow extra, not every seed will germinate
If you are wanting to grow mainstream varieties or that something different then try Kings Seeds.
Available in the following
Come in a browse our Kings Seeds stand, view the catalogue and let us know if you wish to order seeds.